There are many benefits to using body and face scrubs which is why they are well established in the beauty community. From exfoliating the skin to helping to reduce cellulite, these scrubs are widely used due to their great benefits. The Örtte Coffee Scrub has the benefit of being vegan and cruelty free, meaning that it can be used by anyone and everyone!
Overall coffee scrubs and body scrubs are great for those looking to do a number of things such as exfoliate their skin, get rid of excess self-tanner and just to generally keep skin looking and feeling soft and moisturised. Versions have been produced and loved for years and their simplicity keeps them popular amongst the community.
Specifically coffee scrubs are beneficial due to being rich in so many natural ingredients that are known to help the skin with their unique properties.
- Caffeine has great benefits for the skin not just the mind and body, it can help to stimulate the blood, tighten the skin (and in return reduce cellulite).
- When used around the eyes it can help to reduce the appearance of puffiness as the caffeine restricts the blood vessels meaning swelling and inflammation can be reduced along with dark circles.
- Lastly caffeine is loaded with antioxidants, these are known to aid in fighting premature skin ageing including wrinkles, fine lines and sun spots.
- The healthy fatty acids in this oil are known to moisturise and soften the skin.
- Anti-inflammatory properties of the oil help to reduce the appearance of redness and irritation.
- Due to the number of natural elements such as magnesium, calcium and iron it is known to help cleanse pores.
- A well known aid in controlling oil and sebum production.
- Aids in reducing blemishes and acne caused by dirt and bacteria.
- Rich in Vitamin E which helps to nourish and strengthen the skin.
- Vitamin A is known to support the reduction of acne and blemishes on the skin.
- This oil also contains the known natural aids of vitamin A and E similar to the almond oil.
- Redness and irritation may be reduced due to the properties of Omega 6, 7 and 9.
- This natural element is known to aid in de-clogging the pores.
- Antioxidants help to protect the skin and reduce premature signs of ageing.
- It has also been used for many years as it known to hydrate and soften the skin.
All these ingredients have been chosen to be in the coffee scrub formula after extensive research and knowledge into the results that they may provide. Not all coffee scrub formulas are the same however, many will skimp on the intensity of the coffee grounds or not use such nourishing ingredients due to the price.
There are many overall benefits that come with using a coffee scrub such as -
- Reducing inflammation
- Enriched with essential antioxidants
- Gently exfoliates
- Reduces cellulite
- Brightens skin
- Reduces puffiness
- Minimises dark circles
Coffee scrubs are simple to use like any other, however small tips should be noted; such as applying it around the eye area in the morning instead of the night due to the caffeine being absorbed into the skin which could affect sleep.
Take a handful of the coffee scrub (we recommend the Örtte Coffee Scrub) and rub into dry skin with circular motions; it is advised to let it absorb for 7-10 minutes in order to experience the full benefit of the ingredients. Once you have let it sink in you can wash it off. Repeat these steps 2-3 times a week to maintain soft and supple skin.
The steps are the same for the face and neck but being more gentle around the eyes due to the delicacy of the skin.