Silk’n Motion features
- Patented HPL™ technology for safe home use
- Ergonomically designed handle for an improved grip
- 3 smart sensors for Skin Colour, Touch, and Movement
- Touch & Glide technology with automatic light pulse system
- Safe for use by all skin colours and almost all hair colours
- Auto Energy Adjust System for superior skin tone safety
- Contains 350,000 light pulses for long-lasting use
- 5 energy levels including high-speed setting
- Can be used after sun exposure or tanning (energy level 1)
- Can be used on the whole body and the face
- For both men and women
- Just 20 minute sessions (on average) for the entire body
- No charging needed - simply plug in and go
- Treatment area of 3 cm² - ideal for face and bikini line
- Travel friendly storage case included
- 2 year warranty
Patented HPL™ technology exclusive to Silk’n
Inspired by IPL technology found in salons, HPL™ (Home Pulsed Light)™ is a safe at-home technology for hair removal created specifically for Silk’n. It is based on the theory of photothermolysis where optical energy is delivered to the skin but only absorbed by the dark melanin pigment found in hair. The energy then transforms into heat which disables the hair follicle so it no longer grows.
This technique is used by both HPL™ and IPL technology, but as IPL uses higher energy levels for a longer time, there is more chance of it also affecting the surrounding skin. With the HPL™ found in Silk’n Motion, the energy levels are generally lower with a point of peak high power which targets the hair follicle and has less of an effect on the skin. This makes it some of the safest and most advanced technology for permanent hair removal available on the market and is why it has become so popular.
As the name suggests, the Silk’n Motion is designed to be quick, easy and smooth to use and one of the ways it achieves this is through its ergonomic and compact design. One of the key features of its design that sets it apart from the rest is its convenient handle, making it simpler than ever to complete your sessions without delay, even on those harder to reach areas. For those smaller spaces, the device has a treatment area of 3cm² so is ideal for all over the body including the bikini line and face. In addition, it also doesn’t require you to waste time waiting for it to charge; simply plug it in and you're ready to go. Overall, the Silk’n Motion is made to be easy to use, meaning that the average full body session is just 20 minutes.
Touch & Glide technology
One of the features that makes the Silk’n Motion so easy to use is its patented Touch & Glide technology. It works so that all you need is one simple button to turn the device on, adjust the energy level, and then you’re ready to go! The device knows as soon as it touches the skin, and only then will it begin to emit light pulses. This ensures quick and easy use, even when moving from one part of the body to the next.
Adaptable for all skin colours
Silk’n know that wanting to remove unwanted hair from the body isn’t just limited to fairer skin tones, so they specifically designed the Silk’n Motion to be as inclusive as possible. To make it suitable for all skin tones, it features 5 adjustable energy levels, with the lower levels being safe for even darker skin types.
To ensure superior safety for darker skin tones, it also includes its smart Skin Colour Sensor and innovative Energy Adjustment System. These work together to firstly detect the skin's colour the moment it comes into contact with the skin and then automatically adjusts to the correct energy level. This means that even if you are unsure which level it should be set on or if your skin tone changes (such as with tanning), you don’t have to worry as it will adjust accordingly.
Along with the Skin Colour Sensor, it also features two more smart sensors, making three in total, to ensure you are safe when using the device. The Touch Sensor detects when the device is in contact with the skin and will only emit light flashes when it is safe to do so. In a similar way, the Movement Sensor can recognise when the device is moving across the skin and if you stop, so will the light flashes. This ensures the utmost safety with the device as if you are moving from one body part to the next, are interrupted, or the device is facing the air (or your eyes) then it will stop, making it safe to use - especially for those with busy schedules that like to multitask!
350,000 light pulses
By storing exactly 350,000 light pulses, the Silk’n Motion is designed to be a long-lasting device to be used as many times as needed - even if you have thick hair. No one likes encountering unexpected costs and so, with so many light pulses, it ensures this will be the only device you will ever want to use. No more traipsing out to buy refill cartridges ever again! Plus, it makes the device great value for money; buying your Silk’n Motion is a one-off long-term investment, whereas going to the salon for an IPL treatment can take multiple sessions - and with each session per body part costing anywhere from £50-£300, the costs can really stack up.
Average costs for common hair removal methods
IPL (Salon)For 6 sessions for all body parts
Over an average woman's lifetime
Over an average woman's lifetime
One-off investment for the whole body
How to use
Before your first session, decide which energy level is right for you and the area of skin you want to use the device on by consulting the chart above or on the bottom of the box.
- Plug the adaptor cord into the device socket and then into an electrical outlet.
- Prepare the skin by ensuring the area is shaved (not waxed, plucked or tweezed), clean, dry and free of any products.
- Press the control button. The device will turn on (default set to energy level 1) and a fan sound will begin. When the ‘ready’ light turns on (approximately 1 second after pressing the button) the device is ready to use.
- Set the energy level by repeatedly pressing the control button until you reach your desired level.
- Place the treatment surface onto the skin. When it is in full contact the ready light will start to slowly blink. The device will then automatically detect the colour of your skin and if it is on the correct level it will flash a pulse of light and you may feel a mild sensation of warmth and tingling.
- Continue to pulse or glide until you have covered the area fully. When using a high energy level, as the light flashes are slower, we suggest using the pulsing technique where you work in rows, completing one pulse then moving along in sections. For lower energy levels, as the flashes are more frequent, we suggest using the gliding technique where you slowly glide over the skin, making one motion with the device always touching the skin.
- When you are finished, turn the device off by giving the control button an extended press, then remove the adapter from the electrical socket.
Consult the included user manual for more information on expected number of sessions needed for different hair types and more detailed information on using your device.
- Silk’n Motion Device
- Storage Case
- Cleaning Cloth
- User Manual
- Warranty Card
Why buy from us?
As an official Silk’n Authorised Premium Partner, when buying from us you can guarantee you are getting a genuine high quality Silk’n device. Due to the popularity of their products, there are unfortunately many fakes available on the market so you need to make sure you are buying from somewhere like us that you can trust. To put your mind even more at ease, as we work directly with the manufacturer, if any issues arise we can work directly with them to get it sorted for you as quickly as possible.
As when using any new device, we always recommend reading the full user manual provided to fully understand how to use the device and for full information on the product. This device should not be used by pregnant or nursing women and children. It should also not be used on tattoos, permanent makeup or active eczema or other skin conditions. Make sure to keep the device away from water and liquids.
At Lé Luna we strive to offer the best possible customer service and we take great pride in the feedback we have received from our customers.