Silk’n Jewel XL features
- Patented HPL™ technology
- 150,000 light pulses
- Body and face
- Built-in skin colour sensor
- Can be used after tanning (energy level 1)
- Touch & Glide technology
- 5 power level setting
- Adjustable speed
- 3 cm² coverage area
- Long lasting - no need for replacement cartridges
- No charging needed - plug in and go
- 2 year warranty included
Patented HPL™ technology with Silk’n
Home Pulsed Light™ or HPL™ technology is exclusive to Silk’n and works by removing unwanted hair by using safe light pulses. It was created to be an at-home version of the medical technology IPL (Intense Pulsed Light), and is based on the theory of selective photothermolysis. This is when the hair is removed from the body using optical energy. When the energy is delivered to the skin, it is absorbed by the dark melanin pigment of the hair. It’s then transformed into heat which destroys the hair shaft and the follicle so that it cannot grow back in the future.
In the Silk’n Jewel XL it takes this theory and harnesses the HPL™ technology that uses low energy level with peak high power for maximum efficiency. It also ensures safe home use as the optical energy is transmitted through a very fast pulse duration, meaning there is less risk to the surrounding skin which can be an issue with IPL technology. This makes it some of the most advanced hair removal technology suitable for home use.
5 adjustable power levels
By featuring 5 adjustable power levels, your Silk’n Jewel XL can be easily tailored to your personal needs and skin tone. Each level uses a different light flash speed that can either have more or less concentration on the hair pigments. For example, the fastest and safest for more skin types is level 1 as it emits 1 pulse per second whereas level 5 emits 1 pulse per 3.5 seconds, making it more suitable for lighter skin types. Due to this feature and the built-in Skin Colour Sensor, it makes the Silk’n Jewel XL one of the most inclusive hair removal products of its kind available.
Skin Colour Sensor
When its comes of permanent hair removal devices of this nature, there are often questions and worries regarding their suitability for different skin and hair colours. Silk’n understand this and how men and women of all colours can want to remove unwanted hair, so have designed their devices to be as flexible as encompassing as possible. Not only does the Silk’n Jewel XL feature the 5 adjustable levels so you can choose yourself, it also goes one step more by including a built-in Skin Colour Sensor which, as the name suggests, automatically detects the skin's colour from the second it makes contact. If you are then using an incorrect setting that isn’t suitable for your skin colour, it will not emit light pulses, ensuring complete safety when using the device. It also includes a similar safety mechanism for the eyes where it will only emit light flashes if it is in direct contact with the skin, so if it aimed at the air (or eyes) you are protected. This means even if you have uneven skin tones or are moving from one part of the body to another, you have nothing to worry about.
Touch & Glide technology
Silk’n believe in making things as easy as possible for its customers so to avoid the confusion and effort that comes with multiple buttons, controls and switches, the Silk’n Jewel XL has just 1. This may sound too simple to be true, but as the device does most of the work automatically, only one button is actually needed! Thanks to its intelligent design, you only need the 1 button to turn the device on and off and adjust the levels; no need to waste time pressing more to emit each light flash as the device knows when it is contact with the skin and will begin. With the smart Touch & Glide technology you can go from one part of the body to the next with ultimate ease!
150,000 light pulses included
By storing exactly 150,000 light pulses, the Silk’n Jewel XL will be the only permanent hair removal device you will ever need. We all hate buying something and then having sneaky extra costs pop up a few months later so with so many pulses, it mean you don’t need to worry about using the device a few times and then having to replace it or buy replacement cartridges like with so many other similar products on the market. This makes it a great long-term investment that you can rely on.
Average costs for common hair removal methods
For 6 sessions for all body parts
Over an average woman's lifetime
Over an average woman's lifetime
Silk’n Jewel XL
One-off investment for the whole body
Directions for use
Before your first session, you need to decide which energy level is right for you and the area of skin you want to use the device on by consulting the chart above or on the bottom of the box.
- Plug the adaptor cord into the device socket and then into an electrical outlet.
- Prepare the skin by ensuring the area is shaved (not waxed, plucked or tweezed), clean, dry and free of any products.
- Press the control button. The device will turn on (default set to energy level 1) and a fan sound will begin. When the ‘ready’ light turns on (approximately 1 second after pressing the button) the device is ready to use.
- Set the energy level by repeatedly pressing the control button until you reach your desired level.
- Place the treatment surface onto the skin. When it is in full contact the ready light will start to slowly blink. The device will then automatically detect the colour of your skin and if it is on the correct level it will flash a pulse of light and you may feel a mild sensation of warmth and tingling.
- Continue to pulse or glide until you have covered the area fully. When using a high energy level, as the light flashes are slower, we suggest using the pulsing technique where you work in rows, completing one pulse then moving along in sections. For lower energy levels, as the flashes are more frequent, we suggest using the gliding technique where you slowly glide over the skin, making one motion with the device always touching the skin.
- When you are finished, turn the device off by giving the control button an extended press then remove the adapter from the electrical socket.
Consult the included user manual for more information on expected number of sessions needed for different hair types and more detailed information on using your device.
- Silk’n Jewel XL Device
- Cleaning Cloth
- User Manual
- Warranty Card
Why buy from us?
As the Silk’n products can be in such high demand, it unfortunately results in many illegitimate companies selling fake versions of their devices. We, on the other hand, are an official Silk’n Authorised Premium Partner, so you can rest assured knowing you are getting the real deal. To make it even better, you can also have piece of mind knowing that if in the rare case that you have any issues, we can work directly with the manufacturer to get them fixed.
he Silk’n Jewel XL should not be used by pregnant or nursing women, children or those with physical sensory or psychological capacities. It should also not be used by those without knowing how to use the device, so we strongly recommend reading the user manual before first use. Do not use on permanent makeup, tattoos or areas of active eczema or other skin conditions. If you have tanned or dark skin or have recently been exposed to the sun (including artificial tanning machines), only use energy level 1. Ensure the device is kept away from water. For more information on efficiently and safely using the device, read the full user manual included with the device.
Want to write a review? Click here