Silk’n Glide Unisex features
- The first HPL™ hair removal device for both women and men
- Includes the Silk'n Cleansing Box for hygienic sharing
- Patented HPL™ technology for safe home hair removal
- Average full-body session in 20 minutes
- With 200,000 light pulses - no need for refills
- Can be used on the body and face
- Quick and easy use with pulsing and gliding methods
- Five energy settings for different needs
- Safe for darker complexions with the Skin Colour Sensor
- Can be used after sunbathing (on energy setting 1)
- 3 cm² treatment area for smaller areas such as bikini line
- No need for charging - just plug in and you’re ready
- Travel friendly storage case to take on the go
- 2 year warranty included
Silk’n Cleansing Box
It is important to ensure that your Silk’n Glide Unisex is kept clean and hygienic between uses, especially when sharing it with another person. A cleaning cloth can be useful for removing larger visible particles but can’t always work to remove dirt on a microbial level. To fill this need, Silk’n created their Silk’n Cleansing box, a clever little device to help thoroughly clean your device. Designed to use in less than 6 minutes, the secret behind the Cleansing Box lies in its smart blue LED lights. These help to protect the device against unwanted bacteria and provides a simple and mess-free way to clean with no fuss at all. As never-before-seen on the device market, the Silk’n Cleansing Box is all you will need for hygienic sharing of your Silk’n Glide Unisex.
Patented HPL™ technology
Completely exclusive to Silk’n, HPL™ or Home Pulsed Light™ technology has been carefully developed using advances in hair removal technology to make it one of the safest for home use available on the market. Designed as a compacted version of IPL™ found in salons, this innovative technology is based on the theory of selective photothermolysis. This is where optical energy is emitted through a device onto the skin but is only absorbed by the dark melanin pigment found in hair follicles. When absorbed, the energy transforms into heat which disables the hair shaft, and in turn the hair can’t grow back again.
As opposed to IPL™ which uses a high energy level for a long period of time which can harm the surrounding skin as well as the hair follicle, HPL™ has been designed to be far safer and therefore suitable for home use. It does this by using a lower and safer energy level so that there is less of an effect on the surrounding skin but then with a point of peak high power so there is still efficiency in targeting the hair follicle. This is what makes it some of the most popular, and more importantly safest, at-home hair removal technology available.
5 power levels
Silk’n understands that everyone’s skin is different, which is why the Silk’n Glide Unisex includes 5 different adjustable power levels so that you can use the one that suits you. Each level corresponds to a different energy level and speed so that you can personalise the device to your needs but also quickly and easily change it when it comes to sharing. If you are just starting with the device or have a darker skin tone, then the lower settings are recommended. If you are a pro at using the device or are looking for a fast session, then you can try out the higher settings.
Safe for darker complexions
Silk’n believes in making its devices as inclusive as possible so when they saw the number of permanent hair removal devices that were only suitable for one skin tone, they wanted to change things. With the Silk’n Glide Unisex, you can use the device even on darker skin tones without having to worry about the safety of your skin. This means that even when sharing your device, you can have different skin tones but still just need the one device - all you have to do is change the settings.
To optimise safety with the device, the Silk’n Glide Unisex has a unique Skin Colour Sensor that works by automatically detecting the colour of the skin the second it comes into contact and won’t work if the skin is too dark for the current setting. As a result of this, if you have accidentally used the wrong setting, are unsure of which one to use for your skin type, or your skin tone changes such as with tanning, you can rest assured that the device is completely safe to use! Plus, a similar safety feature is included where a sensor can detect when the treatment area of the device is in contact with the skin. This ensures safety during use as it will only emit flashes when it is in contact and not facing the air for safety for those around you and your eyes. It’s also useful for when moving from one body part to the next or for those unforeseen interruptions.
200,000 light pulses
As a device designed for sharing, you want one that you know will be long-lasting. The Silk’n Glide Unisex contains a huge 200,000 light pulses enough for both you and a partner. This means that unlike with other competitors devices, you don’t need to waste time and money buying replacement cartridges. It also makes it excellent value for money as not only are you investing in one device that can be shared, it will also last you a long time. Also, when you compare it to a single IPL session at a salon, you can definitely see the benefits in ease of use and expense!
Average costs for common hair removal methods
For 6 sessions for all body parts
Over an average woman's lifetime
Over an average woman's lifetime
Silk’n Glide Unisex
One-off investment for the whole body
Directions for use
Before your first session, you need to decide which energy level is right for you and the area of skin you want to use the device on by consulting the chart above or on the bottom of the box.
- Plug the adaptor cord into the device socket and then into an electrical outlet.
- Prepare the skin by ensuring the area is shaved (not waxed, plucked or tweezed), clean, dry and free of any products.
- Press the control button. The device will turn on (default set to energy level 1) and a fan sound will begin. When the ‘ready’ light turns on (approximately 1 second after pressing the button) the device is ready to use.
- Set the energy level by repeatedly pressing the control button until you reach your desired level.
- Place the treatment surface onto the skin. When it is in full contact the ready light will start to slowly blink. The device will then automatically detect the colour of your skin and if it is on the correct level it will flash a pulse of light and you may feel a mild sensation of warmth and tingling.
- Continue to pulse or glide until you have covered the area fully. When using a high energy level, as the light flashes are slower, we suggest using the pulsing technique where you work in rows, completing one pulse then moving along in sections. For lower energy levels, as the flashes are more frequent, we suggest using the gliding technique where you slowly glide over the skin, making one motion with the device always touching the skin.
- When you are finished, turn the device off by giving the control button an extended press then remove the adapter from the electrical socket.
Consult the included user manual for more information on expected number of sessions needed for different hair types and more detailed information on using your device.
- Silk’n Glide Unisex Device
- Silk’n Cleansing Box
- 2 LR03 (AAA) Batteries
- Cleaning Cloth
- Storage Case
- 2 User Manuals
Why buy from us?
Silk’n is a reputable brand so they only let companies they trust sell it’s premium devices. As an Official Silk’n Authorised Premium Partner we are one of the few of these and this means that when purchasing from us you can rest assured that you will receive a genuine product. For extra peace of mind, it also means that if in the rare case that you do have any issues with your device, we can work with the manufacturer directly to get it sorted.
Before first using the device, as with any, we always recommend reading through the full user manual provided. This is so that you can check if it is suitable for you and so that you fully understand how to use it. This device should not be used by children or pregnant women. It should also not be used on any active skin conditions such as eczema, tattoos or permanent makeup. If you are unsure if the device is safe to use with your skin colour, please consult the chart provided on the box or user manual. If you have tanned or dark skin or have recently been exposed to the sun (including artificial tanning machines), only use energy level 1. Make sure to keep the device away from water.
At Lé Luna we strive to offer the best possible customer service and we take great pride in the feedback we have received from our customers.